Chamber Membership Benefits
"Supporting a thriving business climate and an enhanced quality of life by promoting the economic, social, cultural, and environmental sustainability of the Lyons area."
Top 10 Reasons to Join the Chamber!
1. New Business Contacts and Member Networking: Get to know others while planning and participating in events and activities. A major contributor to small business success typically comes from business-to-business services. It is essential to maintain a positive standing within your local business community as studies show that consumers are more likely to do business with people they know.
Business After-Hours Socials and Networking Mixers are offered monthly, allowing networking and new business contacts to help your business grow! Members are also encouraged to volunteer to help on various Chamber Committees, events, and projects!
2. Credibility: Credibility to make a statement that you are committed to the future of Lyons and the Greater Lyons Area. Research indicates there is a powerful positive impact for a business that is a member of the Chamber of Commerce. Typically, when a consumer knows a small business is a member of the Chamber of Commerce the business enjoys a 44% increase in consumer favorability rating, 51% increase in consumer awareness, 57% increase in local reputation and 63% increase in repeat business!
3. Website Listings: The Lyons Area Chamber of Commerce website is the community’s largest marketing tool with nearly 100,000 visits a year. Your business, with its 30-word description and Logo, is promoted in the Online Lyons Area Membership Business and Community Directory. This summary of each member business is presented to visitors and residents along with your address and contact information. Advertising opportunities are also available.
4. Leadership/Career Development & Educational Forums: The Chamber is continually presenting learning opportunities and professional development seminars to help you run a smarter, more profitable business. Past Business Development Seminars have included a focus on Leadership, Team Development, Social Media Marketing, Retirement Investments and Sales Tax. By increasing awareness and education on different aspects of business, the chamber keeps you informed today while planning for the future of tomorrow.
5. Community Commitment: The chamber is committed to promoting and actively participating in events that help maintain the charm of our town. We promote the community of Lyons by sponsoring Special Events like Good Old Days, Lyons Outdoor Games, Earth Day Celebration, Halloween Parade, Meet the Candidates for Town Board/Mayor, and Shop Local Campaign. These and other events are made possible by Member Volunteers and Business Sponsors!
6. Referrals: Everyday, the Chamber receives calls/emails from individuals and businesses looking for various business services. We refer our Chamber members first and Chamber members typically recommend other Chamber members, especially the ones they know.
7. Publicity and Exposure: The Chamber Chronicle is our electronic Newsletter, allowing us to get information to you quickly by delivering up to date information directly into your email inbox each month. The informative publication includes Board activities, event information, and updates on projects and issues of concern to Membership. Members may contribute a Business Profile and may opt-in to promotional and advertising opportunities.
Membership Decals: Let visitors, residents, and other businesses know that you are a member of the Chamber! This annual window decal sets your business apart as one that supports Lyons and the surrounding community through active membership. Many visitors and residents prefer to shop for goods and services from Chamber members – so be sure they can find you!
Email Blasts: Weekly postings and eBlasts are sent out to fellow members keeping our members informed about business happenings, promotions and events.
Member Spotlight: Be one of the featured businesses in our monthly Newsletter, Website, and on our Facebook page!
8. Marketing and Advertising: Social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and email are used as tools to directly and indirectly promote members, the Town of Lyons, and the Chamber. Your Chamber strives to pursue partnerships, links, and shared posts with members and events. With a high engagement and year-long community Event Calendar, your Chamber’s targeted, effective, and affordable advertising helps businesses advertise effectively on a small budget.
9. A Healthy Local Economy: Create a strong local economy to keep our business momentum moving forward. Tourism promotion and outdoor pursuits resources, Visitor Center, and Lyons Visitors Guide are all Chamber products and services that promote the community and your local area business!
10. Gain a Voice in the Government: The Chamber is your representative on the local, regional, state and national level. Your voice is heard on important regulatory, legislative and educational issues that directly affect your business. With 100+ members, the Chamber speaks with a strong and credible voice for business.
Volunteer Board Members and town liaisons’ monitor government meetings and pending legislation to keep members informed on issues that affect them. Don’t have time to serve? That’s okay, become a member to support the work of others and gain the benefits for your business!
The Chamber helps to build a more vibrant, prosperous, and business community within Lyons and the Greater Lyons Area.